PLEASE READ: There was a mixup in production (my mistake) and these boards DO NOT work with USB-C to USB-C cables. They work perfectly fine with USB-C to USB-A. My next batch will have this fixed; I advise you to hold out on this run if you have a USB-C only device.
Additionally: The knobs pictured on the board itself are not what will ship with the product. It will instead be shipped with silver, machined aluminum knobs, as shown in the image gallery with the four knobs.
What is it?
The SPIN Macro Pad is an external keypad that is made to help with workflows where you want analog control, such as photo or video editing, or for those who just want to mess with encoders!
This is my first big project and it was heavily inspired by both u/hsgwchan‘s Plaid and u/The_Royal's RoMac. I wanted to make the encoders a key part of the design, and highlight the surface mount components that typically end up hidden.
If you would like a case for this kit, head on over to P3D Store who is producing some!
- USB-C connectivity
- Powered by QMK Firmware
- 12 Kailh Cherry-MX hotswap sockets
- Three rotary encoders with high quality aluminum knobs
- All SMD components pre-soldered. Just solder sockets, encoders, and board connector.
- Three zone RGB underglow
- Prototyping area with unused pins broken out
- Support for the addition of a 0.91" I2C OLED
Included in kit
- Top and Bottom PCBs, SMD parts pre-soldered.
- 6x m2.5 6mm female-female standoffs
- 2x m2.5 6mm male-female standoffs
- 12x m2.5 screws
- 2mm acrylic protective plate
- 3x 17mm machined aluminum knobs
- 3x EC12 rotary encoders (smooth turn, pushbutton). Not pre-soldered.
- 1x Male and 1x Female 3 pin header to connect Top/Bottom PCBs. Not pre-soldered.
- 12x Kailh Cherry-MX hotswap sockets. Not pre-soldered.
- Keycaps and switches (switches must be 5-pin PCB mount style if using sockets since there is no plate)
The quantity you see in stock represents exactly how many boards I currently have. This is not a GB this time - I have these boards on hand and will be packaging as quickly as possible.
Shipping Info (PLEASE READ):
I will be shipping as quickly as I can - all the boards have already been tested and shipped as quickly as I can. However, I cannot guarantee any shipping times. Holiday season already slows things down, and COVID is only making it worse. If anything is lost in shipping I'll gladly work with you to get a replacement.
There are no refunds or cancellations on these orders as I will be packaging and shipping as quickly as I can.